Thursday, July 15, 2010

How to use the power of the animal totems?

The animal totems are guides, teachers, they are signs or symbols in our life.

The Native Americans believe that we all have many animal totems walking through our life. Each animal has many lessons and teachings for us. For simplicity I highlight mostly one each time. But feel free to give more meaning or research on one specific animal that ‘speaks’ to you.

This is the way that I use the animal totems in my life; I become super vigilant about my surroundings and my environment, if I go on a hike and see an unusual bird, I would take the time to observe it. In Native American Culture, birds are often a symbol of freedom or a messenger. What’s going on in your life? Do you need to break free from an overwhelmed life?

From a toxic relationship? From a place you don’t like? Do you need to take some space, and have a more elevated and global vision? (contrary to the mouse, which is asking you to pay attention to details, or is warning you about paying too much attention to details...!)

The message might be that an opportunity is coming your way, so pay attention to the signs and to what is happening in your life and to what people are telling you.

Is a Butterfly flirting with you? Or asking for your attention? The butterfly is a symbol of transformation. Life is about cycles; cycles of the earth, with its seasons, days and nights, the cycle of life and its different ages; childhood, youth, manhood and old age. Maybe you need to take an important decision in your life, maybe you are inspired to write a new song or to write a book which will affect another person’s life…

The last time I was in Chaco Canyon, I had an extraordinary encounter with the most beautiful lizard. I was fascinated by it. It took me about fifteen minutes to finally leave it behind.

I realized that Lizard is the messenger of the dreams, so I paid special attention to my dreams for the few following nights. In general barely remember my dreams generally. Three nights after this encounter I had a really meaningful dream, I noted it, then many things begin to make sense and huge breakthrough happened!

Last year a very unusual spider kept coming into my life, by the kitchen window (hard not to see her!) Again although I am not a big lover of spiders… This one fascinated me. Spiders are weavers, and a symbol of creativity; they urge you to get creative and create your life just like they create their webs… Last year I was developing Travel Heart and needed to be extremely creative, I took the appearing of Miss Spider as a reminder and as an encouragement.

Discover the animal totems, discover the ones that “speak to you” and inspire you, they will support you in your struggle, they will help you to find answers to your questions, and they will help you to take a new approach or perspective to live your life at its best.

I would love to hear from you about your encounters and experiences…share them with us!

No comments:

Post a Comment